Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Two Points of View.....

I'm back in the office after the holiday, feeling really good and productive today.


I started thinking a lot about Korea and am wishing that the exchange rate would keep getting better!  Roughly 80 cents on the dollar are where things stand.  Know it will take much more time for things to eventually even themselves out rate-wise.

So, having said that, I'm still in the US, and working, as most of you know, for the employer that I spent 9 years with in Phoenix, the International Rescue Committee (http://www.theirc.org/).... only this time in Boise.  My first year has passed and I made it!

Leaving is seldom far from my thoughts.....not because of Boise, per se, but I just can't shake the "wings not roots".  However, I'm also a "bloom where you're planted" kind of person, who is grateful to be working and add to it, i  a beautiful setting.


These are two pictures from my office.  On top is our "arrival board" showing that we really have a full plate of refugee arrivals for July. 

The second picture is of the toys I have on my desk.  The toys aren't for me, but for anyone who happens to sit down for business or pleasure, just like the candy dish is kept on my desk in Prescott, when I worked for the paper there.  Anything fun is a great draw to my desk.  Two toys are from friends traveling in Sweden and Thailand and the carved wooden cat is mine from Mexico!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: