Friday, July 2, 2010

Broadening My Book Horizons........

Book club attendance was disappointing last night. I was the only one that read "Wolf Hall", but everyone else had all read the "Guernsey......Literary Potato Peel". What can I say? I can never remember the full title, in the correct order of things.



Anyway, I vowed that I would not recommend a book this time, as I had with "Wolf Hall" and I kept the courage of my conviction. However, as we were talking about other books we read in June, everyone became intrigued with "The Passage." So, THEY are reading it, which surprised me no end. And, the other book recommended was one I had not heard of, but NOT my favorite author, Stephen King.

Amazon describes it as a "psychological thriller", as opposed to a "kill-someone-with-lots-of-blood" horror book, which I associate with Stephen King. Though I admit, this isn't the case with all his books. My college students in Korea LOVED the movie "Misery" when I showed it for my "Movie English" class. Not much blood to speak of, but lots of "thrillerness".


So, got the book and I'm ready for the 4th of July. :)

No comments: