Friday, November 27, 2009

The Traditional Thanksgiving Turkey

As an alternative to the traditional turkey, I opted for what's called here a "Papa Murphy's Stuffed Pizza" that I see in ads that I get via the paper.


I was "lured" by the "stuffed" look and as luck would have it, I noticed a location near me. Damn the luck! I called them..not opened on Thanksgiving, but not to worry because you cook your own.


In a little town near my mother in Illinois, there was a family that had something similar, but better. You took your own pots and they filled them with spagetti (sp)and sauce that you took home and heated up. Beautiful.


Same concept at Pappa Murphy's. I took a book, as the guy on the phone said it would take 10 minutes. But, BOOM! Little did I know that as I was hemming and hawing as to what to get, there was a guy listening and (stop/start) putting it together. It was like a Subway kind of affair. Long chilled tables with fresh incredients just waiting to be gathered. I sat down and 2 sentences later, the thing was ready. Only $12.95 and enough to feed 10 of me, easily.


Here is the 3-step process in pictures. The package warns to cook within 24 hours of bringing it home. And surprisingly, it was really tasty, but too much for me for even the 10 days it will take to eat this. I got the kind with 5 kinds of pork, but next time, if there is one, will opt for the Hawaiian. NOT sutuffed. Have to say that the crust is really good though.


Here endith the Thanksgiving epistle! Thank goodness!



Posted by Picasa

No comments: