Friday, November 27, 2009

Addiction # 87-44-B

DANGER: Spelling errors ahead!!  I can't get my Blogger spell check to work!!

When I lived in Dewey, AZ, I worked with a lady who played a game called Rummikube.  I liked this game and bought one for myself.   But except for Ginger, my Arizona friend, and her mother, I seldom played.  Then, I had one wonderful birthday, long after I moved from Dewey, with my friends, Betsy and Warren.  But it was sadly, only that day.

Please Note:  the best thing about playing this game is that you laugh, insult each other, tease, eat, laugh, scream, (did I say laugh?) and cry until you are silly.  Brother!  Do I miss that!

So, lately, I have been looking longingly at the box of Rummikube and been comtemplating putting a notice on Craigslist to see if I can find someone in Boise, America that knows the game and wants to play.
And so it was in that thinking that...I "Googled" the game and now...the rest is history....There is an on-line version that has me sufficiently hooked!  I didn't know whether to laugh or cry!!  I registered and so created addiction #87...like I needed another harmless, though addiction, just the same!! 
It's all different because of the lack of interaction with your fellow players, but the mental challenge is just the same.

As Pete would say:  It's just the same, only different....and I'm happy!

Here's a little history from Wikipedia (pictures from there too!):

Rummikub was invented in the early 1930s by Ephraim Hertzano, a Rumanian-born Jew who immigrated to Palestine.[1] He hand-made the first sets with his family in the backyard of his home. The game combines elements of rummy, dominoes, mah-jongg and chess.[1] Hertzano sold the first sets door-to-door and on a consignment basis at small shops. Over the years, the family licensed it to other countries and it became Israel’s #1 export game.  In 1977, it became a bestselling game in the United States.

No comments: