Saturday, December 12, 2009

My Second Boise Snow!

OK, it did snow last night....but this picture is not Boise, America.  It's more like one of my old towns, Aurora, Illinois.  Picture is from the AP, via http://www.huffingtonpost.com/.  It didn't snow as much as the picture, but that would have been good, since it's Saturday. 

Pretty soon, I'll stop saying "This is my _________ Boise, America snow." Just like in Phoenix, every summer I would say, "This is my ______summer" and then go on to say that it was 117 degrees during my _____ summer. 

It's not like I haven't lived in snow longer than lived in 117 degree weather!  I was born in Kansas and didn't move out of the Midwest until 1994.  But, suddenly have this feeling that age might be slipping up on me! 

All this repetition about weather reminds me of the days when I would take my mother in the car for just a drive or errands.  As she got older, she would read every sign that we passed.  "Piggly Wiggly", "Road Work Ahead", "Hardees."  I find myself doing the same thing when someone else is driving and then I'll stop, laugh, and say my mother used to do the same thing. 

Repeat after me....it's OK to read all the signs, talk about how often it snows and how hot the weather was in Phoenix!
Posted by Picasa