Sunday, November 29, 2009

Netflix Week



Posted by Picasa  I really got my $$ out of Netflix while I've been on vacation.

1.  "The People vs Larry Flynt "- ordered this because I have a new appreciation for Woody Harrelson.  Heard him on NPR talking about his new movie "The Messenger" re: members of the military visiting the homes of familes, letting them know their loved on had been killed in the war. 

I also heard he was nominated for an Academy Award for playing Larry Flynt.  Oosh..also stared Courtney Love as his girlfriend/wife.  I wasn't expecting that.

2.  "The Ugly Truth" - I guess this has been out for a while....Katherine Heigl (sp).  I laughed in places.

3.  "Funny People" - Fairly new out....I laughed in places...wasn't sure what to expect.

4.  "Four Christmases" (man, did I spell that right?) - I really laughed in places.  I originally thought it was a couple going through Christmas over 4 different years.  But, with Vince Vaughn, I thought it was cute.  REALLY loved the segments with his father and brothers. 

Went to the REAL movies and saw "2012".....no plot, but great special effects.  Not a watch on TV movie...VERY big screen.  Was going to go the next day and see "Pirate Radio", but it was already gone.

No comments: